Belarusian President Due to Visit Tehran in October

TEHRAN (FNA)- Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko is scheduled to pay an official visit to Tehran in October, a senior Iranian diplomat announced on Saturday.

Iran's Ambassador to Belarus Seyed Abdullah Hosseini told FNA that the visit will take place at the end of Mehr (mid October) and at the invitation of Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

"During the visit, we will witness growth in mutual cooperation in such different areas as trade, car manufacturing, industry, energy and etc," the envoy added.

Hosseini also noted that the Iranian Vice-President's deputy for supervision and coordination in economic policies, Ali Aqa Mohammadi, is due to pay a visit to Minsk next month in preparation for Lukashenko's upcoming visit.

The envoy also pointed out that Jofeir oil project in southwestern Iran will be inaugurated during Lukashenko's visit to the Islamic Republic.

In 2009, Iran and Belarus founded a joint company called Belpars Corporation in a bid to develop Jofeir oilfield.

The new corporation is founded by PetroIran and Belarus Oil companies to implement the project under a buy-back agreement.

The oilfield reserves are estimated at 2.1 billion barrels, 95 percent of which is heavy oil and the remaining 5 percent is light oil.


Partners: Social Network