MINSK -- Belarus told its nationals on Friday not to take part in summer work programs in the United States because it was too dangerous.
The U.S. Embassy dismissed the allegations and said Belarussians -- and other foreigners -- were safe in the United States.
A Foreign Ministry spokesman said two Belarussian students had been killed while taking part in the U.S. State Department's Summer Work and Travel program. A third participant in the program, offering a four-month stay in the United States, had been robbed. (Reuters)