life:) launches 3G network, claims a first for Belarus

Belarusian Telecommunications Network (BeST), which trades under the banner life:), has launched the country's first 3G network offering high speed internet connectivity at speed of up to 7.2Mbps and providing new services such as videocalling. The operator, which is 80%-owned by Turkish telecoms company Turkcell, with the remaining 20% in the hands of the Republic of Belarus, says that its 3G/3.5G network is available to residents in the capital Minsk and other major cities. Local news portal says BeST is looking to deploy 500 3G base stations which will provide coverage in all cities with a population of 50,000 people. 70% of Belarus' population is expected to have access to 3G life:) services by the end of this year. life:) currently has more than 600,000 subscribers.


Partners: Social Network